Toulouse Business School offers a CSR-SD courses throughout our programs. For example, the following courses are included in the Master in Management (“Grande Ecole”) program:
In Year 1, there are 5 aspects to the “CSR-SD track”:
- Lectures on global social and environmental issues.
- A 15-hour course on Corporate Social Responsibility.
- A sustainable development day involving ANEDD (Assises Nationales Etudiantes du Développement Durable), lectures, eco-forums with difference companies & eco-awards.
- 35 hours of community work: each student makes a positive contribution to society by volunteering in a particular area: for example, tutoring underprivileged students from partner schools, assisting disabled people, the homeless, the poor, the elderly, the sick...
- The integration of a CSR-SD questionnaire in students’ internship reports. The report must cover the following areas:
- Understanding of the company’s social and environmental impact on stakeholders.
- An analysis of a socially responsible approach, i.e. the company’s CSR policy
- An assessment of the economic, social and environmental impact of one’s own suggestions.
Numerous "Think & Create" workshops: during their first year, groups of students also conduct projects focused on sustainable development or social issues. These projects are developed either in France or abroad.
Year 2 focuses on the business game, “Artemis”, which is used in the Strategy class, and which integrates a CSR dimension.
Year 3 consists of the Professional Option: “Sustainability Strategies for Business”. This option is run by Luc Rouge, and is taught in English and French. The program specializes in business strategies for global warming and trains managers to understand and anticipate the environmental constraints and issues which companies face, both now and in the future.
- Regulatory Context (climate & energy package, EU-ETS…)
- Markets (supply and demand of raw materials, energy, GHG emissions…)
- Technological Context (the evolving cost of renewable energy…)
- Natural Context (extreme weather, population development, health…)