The Master of Science in Supply Chain and Lean Management (MSc SCALE) is a joint program between TBS and IMT Mines Albi. Thanks to this partnership, this program combines strong engineering and business skills.
The mission of the MSc SCALE program is to train young managers who want to acquire specialized and in-depth skills in Supply Chain, Lean Management and Project Management.
They will be able to manage projects, value-creation and change in a performance-driven business or research environment from a global and international perspective, and rapidly become leaders.
The MSc SCALE includes the preparation to 4 international certificates :
- CPIM Part 1 of Association for Supply Chain Management
- CAPM of Project Management Institute
- Yellow Belt in Lean – 6 Sigma Management of Agilea
- DDP of Demand Driven Institute
High-level technical and management skills necessary for the management of supply chains, logistics and lean operations in the manufacturing or service industries.
An advanced training in operations research and decision-making techniques applied to Supply Chain Management.
An in-depth knowledge of industrial Systems Operations Management, production, transport and logistics in various economic and business sectors.
The ability to manage complex innovative projects in an international environment.
The opportunity to put into practice the theoretical concepts in a real industrial environment or conduct a research project aimed at developing innovations in the area.
The opportunity to enter a high-level carrier in industry or to continue for the preparation of a doctoral thesis.
This program consists of five learning experiences rigorously designed to develop your managerial and operational skills in your field of professional expertise.
8 Course units:
1. Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
Objective: The objective is to know the usual problems that network of companies have to cope with and the basics of material and Supply Chain Management methods.
2. Global Supply Chain Management
Objective: The objective is to know the upstream and downstream Supply Chain issues and the main solving techniques in the domain of sales forecasting, purchasing and reverse logistics.
3. Project Management
Objective: The objective of this course unit is to know and be able to apply the fundamentals of regular, agile and problem-solving project management approaches.
4. Enterprise & Network Management
Objective: The objective of this course unit is to know the business management basics knowledge in the context of companies' network and/or international projects.
5. Continuous Improvement
Objective: The objective consists in being able to design and execute lean management and business process management projects.
6. Demand & Flow Management
Objective: The objectives consists in developing the demand-driven point of view of Supply Chain Management and knowing the most important pull-flow strategies.
7. Decision Support Systems
Objective: The objective consists in knowing and being able to use major decision-support models and systems dedicated to Supply Chain Management area.
8. Supply Chain 4.0
Objective: The objective is to develop skills regarding the use of main Supply Chain IT systems and to know major novel and innovative Supply Chain Management approaches.
Soft Skills Certificate
“Soft Skills” are intrapersonal and interpersonal skills that create the conditions for a successful and sustainable team and allows to effectively manage your career.
2 Courses units:
Management and leadership skills
Objective: Acquire nine key competencies to lead teams and manage your professional career.
Objective: Reveal your talent and make evolutionary choices in accordance with your deep aspirations.
The Career Starter is a support center that helps students define and develop their career project. Through several lectures, workshops, individual tests and coaching sessions, a specialist will support each student from their first questions to looking for the right internship or job.
Coaching: we support you in your reflection on your skills, strengths and areas for improvement. Through personality tests and individual coaching, we link this self-knowledge to your ambitions and career choices.
Personal Branding: you will participate in workshops to build your CV and e-portfolio to best highlight your experiences and skills for your future employers.
4 international certificates
The MSc SCALE includes the preparation to 4 international certificates:
- CPIM Part 1 of Association for Supply Chain Management (ex BASICS of Supply Chain Management form APICS)
- CAPM of Project Management Institute
- Yellow Belt in Lean-6 Sigma Management of AGILEA
- DDP of Demande Driven Institute
A unique exercise that is a major asset in your program!
For the account of prestigious TBS partner companies, students, coached by the professors, carry out a strategic diagnosis aiming to analyze its competitive position, then propose strategic and operational recommendations to meet its challenges.
Examples of partner companies
Aerospace Valley, AIRBUS, Cap Gemini, Comtesse du Barry, Continental Automotive, EY, Hilti, Mars Petfoods, Motorola, Thalès, Rockwell & Collins.
Objective: Increase your brain agility to anticipate and solve complex business issues in your field of expertise.
Each student in this MSc program is required to write a dissertation which addresses a current issue in management from an academic or professional perspective in his field of expertise.
The student thus contributes to the study, analysis, formalization and abstraction of the identified problem.
In-company Work experience
Students may carry out an internship in the company of their choice for a period of 3 to 6 months. This internship is not mandatory for the validation of the diploma but allows students to obtain 10 additional ECTS credits.
Matthieu LAURAS, PhD
Deputy-head od the Industrial Engineering Department at IMT Mines Albi
Professor of Supply Chain Management
- Direct access to MSc:
- 4-year Bachelor Degree (240 ECTS) or equivalent
- PREPARATORY PROGRAM
Students with a for 3-year Bachelor Degree or equivalent (180 ECTS). TBS PREPARATORY PROGRAM builds up business and leadership skills in order to help international management students enroll successfully in the TBS Master of Science program of their choice.
- For programs taught in English: English mother tongue OR TOEFL IBT 80 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 800 / FCE / CAT 165
- For programs taught in French: French mother tongue OR B2 OR equivalent
MSC Deadline to apply:
- Visa required: June 30th
- No visa required: September 1st
This Master of Science prepares you for the following job categories:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain Consultant
- Supply Chain Planner
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Lean Project Manager
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Project Manager for Supply Chain Development
- Procurement or Purchasing Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Operations Manager
Fees : starting from 16 500 €.
The cost of this training includes:
- All academic fees, including business visits.
- Access to our virtual campus and all online educational resources.
- Access to career starter services (CV workshop, business forum, etc.)
- Access to the network of 46,000 alumni.
- Preparation and participation to the 4 international certificates mentioned.
- SCHOLARSHIP: TBS is entitled to receive higher education scholarship students: mobility grants, state scholarships, merit scholarships (Eiffel, Marie Curie), TBS Foundation scholarships. (contact the school)
- PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE: TBS welcomes students who wish to discuss their personal situation. TBS grants payment schedules from 1 to 4 instalments, or by monthly instalments during the course.
- STUDENT JOBS: our student associations offer paid assignments on behalf of companies or individuals throughout the year.