The MSc Banking and Finance program is tailormade to develop professional standards and competencies for those wishing to pursue careers in the Banking and Finance industry.
TBS offers an innovative blend of theoretical and professional learning equipping you with the outlook, the skills and the temperament to make things happen.
Our Banking and Finance MSc program will prepare you for a wide range of careers in Finance, designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to help you to understand complex financial issues and develop practical solutions.
The course explores the changing environment within which financial institutions operate, the globalization of Finance, changes in technology, and the regulatory environment.
You will also gain an appreciation of the evolution of Finance and Banking theory, as well as contemporary debates and controversies.
This program consists of five learning experiences rigorously designed to develop your managerial and operational skills in your field of professional expertise.
8 Course units:
1. Advanced Corporate Finance
Objective: Provide students with the theoretical background to understand how to value assets and finance a firm under market imperfections.
2. Financial analysis, firm value and value creation
Objective: Provide students with the key competencies to conduct a financial analysis, value a company in different circumstances and measure the value created by managers.
3. Financial strategies for investing and financing
Objective: Be able to define, implement and finance a strategy for managing profitable growth.
4. Banking management and the Regulatory landscape
Objective: Students should be able to understand the Banks’ business models under international regulations, compliance requirements and in an ethical way.
5. Financial Markets
Objective: Students should be able to understand the use of financial markets for investing and financing decisions.
6. Financial risk management
Objective: Provide students with the knowledge and competencies to define and implement a relevant strategy to manage speculative risks.
7. International perspective in Banking and Finance
Objective: Provide students with the required knowledge to be able to anticipate the future changes in Banking and Finance industry.
8. Research methods in finance
Objective: Provide students with the set of tools to manage a research project in Finance.
Soft Skills Certificate
“Soft Skills” are intrapersonal and interpersonal skills that create the conditions for a successful and sustainable team and allows to effectively manage your career.
2 Courses units:
Management and leadership skills
Objective: Acquire nine key competencies to lead teams and manage your professional career.
Objective: Reveal your talent and make evolutionary choices in accordance with your deep aspirations.
The Career Starter is a support center that helps students define and develop their career project. Through several lectures, workshops, individual tests and coaching sessions, a specialist will support each student from their first questions to looking for the right internship or job.
Coaching: we support you in your reflection on your skills, strengths and areas for improvement. Through personality tests and individual coaching, we link this self-knowledge to your ambitions and career choices.
Personal Branding: you will participate in workshops to build your CV and e-portfolio to best highlight your experiences and skills for your future employers.
A unique exercise that is a major asset in your program!
For the account of prestigious TBS partner companies, students, coached by the professors, carry out a strategic diagnosis aiming to analyze its competitive position, then propose strategic and operational recommendations to meet its challenges.
Examples of partner companies
Aerospace Valley, AIRBUS, Cap Gemini, Comtesse du Barry, Continental Automotive, EY, Hilti, Mars Petfoods, Motorola, Thalès, Rockwell & Collins.
Objective: Increase your brain agility to anticipate and solve complex business issues in your field of expertise.
Each student in this MSc program is required to write a dissertation which addresses a current issue in management from an academic or professional perspective in his field of expertise.
The student thus contributes to the study, analysis, formalization and abstraction of the identified problem.
In-company Work experience
Students may carry out an internship in the company of their choice for a period of 3 to 6 months. This internship is not mandatory for the validation of the diploma but allows students to obtain 10 additional ECTS credits.
This Master of Science allows students to have a work contract during their studies at TBS:
- Work-and-training contract
This format is ideal to develop deep practical knowledge of a professional field and allows quick integration in the labor market.
- Direct access to MSc:
- 4-year Bachelor Degree (240 ECTS) or equivalent
- PREPARATORY PROGRAM
Students with a for 3-year Bachelor Degree or equivalent (180 ECTS). TBS PREPARATORY PROGRAM builds up business and leadership skills in order to help international management students enroll successfully in the TBS Master of Science program of their choice.
- For programs taught in English: English mother tongue OR TOEFL IBT 80 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 800 / FCE / CAT 165
- For programs taught in French: French mother tongue OR B2 OR equivalent
MSC Deadline to apply:
- Visa required: June 30th
- No visa required: September 1st
This Master of Science prepares you for the following job categories:
- Coverage analyst
- Asset Manager
- Cash Manager or Treasurer
- Financial Risk Manager
- Financial analyst
- Compliance Manager
- Business Analyst
- M&A Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Transactions Services
- Financial Auditor
- Structured and Project Finance
Fees : starting from 16 500 €.
The cost of this training includes:
- All academic fees, including business visits.
- Access to our virtual campus and all online educational resources.
- Access to career starter services (CV workshop, business forum, etc.)
- Access to the network of 46,000 alumni.
- SCHOLARSHIP: TBS is entitled to receive higher education scholarship students: mobility grants, state scholarships, merit scholarships (Eiffel, Marie Curie), TBS Foundation scholarships. (contact the school)
- PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE: TBS welcomes students who wish to discuss their personal situation. TBS grants payment schedules from 1 to 4 instalments, or by monthly instalments during the course.
- STUDENT JOBS: our student associations offer paid assignments on behalf of companies or individuals throughout the year.