The Aerospace Management MSc prepares and trains participants to hold managerial positions in aeronautics, space and airline industries.
The MSc addresses the full value chain of Aeronautics and Space from design to aircraft and space systems delivery, including services and operations.
The pedagogy includes classwork, case studies, individual and group assignments and projects, role-playing games, field studies, workshops, and finally the Master research thesis and the optional Master internship.
- Following this MSc, you will refine your personal Aerospace management profile as a manager in existing and emerging regional, national or international markets in the aerospace sector.
- You will expand your knowledge in Strategy, Finance, Marketing, Supply chain & procurement, Human Resources, Project Management in the aerospace environment.
- You will develop your personal ability to conduct analysis and research on management and business trends while reinforcing your effective interpersonal skills.
- In order to develop a comprehensive approach of jobs and businesses, you will meet aerospace professionals coming from a wide range of functions and expertise, finally enabling you to prepare for high-flying but also fulfilling careers and lives.
This program consists of five learning experiences rigorously designed to develop your managerial and operational skills in your field of professional expertise.
8 Course units:
1. Issues and Trends in Strategy
Objective: The successful student will be able to develop new strategies by analyzing relevant issues and trends impacting organizations.
2. International strategy and organization
Objective: The successful student will be able to analyze the challenges faced by international and internationalizing firms about which products to offer around the world, how to compete in international markets, where to locate and how to coordinate their worldwide activities effectively.
3. The Aerospace market: terminology and key economic and technological issues
Objective: The successful student will be able to analyze the global aerospace environment and to meet professionals in the Aerospace industry: product, project, market, management and organizational dimensions.
4. Strategy and Project Management in Aerospace
Objective: The successful student will be able to elaborate strategic analysis and relevant professional synthesis covering organizational, technical, commercial and financial issues, in order to be able to work as a manager in existing and emerging international projects.
5. Issues and trends in entrepreneurship & innovation
Objective: The successful student will be able to develop new strategies for organizations by analyzing relevant issues and trends in entrepreneurship and innovation.
6. Integrating HR, Marketing & Sales Functions in Aerospace management
Objective: The successful student will be able to make sound and sustainable decisions regarding HRM, Marketing and Sales including elementary financial knowledge and practices that are specific to the aerospace business.
7. Integrating Supply Chain Management and the Management of Operations, including Security and Law
Objective: The successful student will be able to make sound and sustainable decisions regarding the aerospace business value chain and to elaborate and implement operations linked to both local and global strategies in the aerospace sector, including compliance issues on technical, business and societal levels.
8. Strategy, entrepreneurship and innovation research methods and dynamics
Objective: The successful student will be able to design and conduct a research project with state-of-the-art research methods and tools in Strategic Innovation Management.
Soft Skills Certificate
“Soft Skills” are intrapersonal and interpersonal skills that create the conditions for a successful and sustainable team and allows to effectively manage your career.
2 Courses units:
Management and leadership skills
Objective: Acquire nine key competencies to lead teams and manage your professional career.
Objective: Reveal your talent and make evolutionary choices in accordance with your deep aspirations.
The Career Starter is a support center that helps students define and develop their career project. Through several lectures, workshops, individual tests and coaching sessions, a specialist will support each student from their first questions to looking for the right internship or job.
Coaching: we support you in your reflection on your skills, strengths and areas for improvement. Through personality tests and individual coaching, we link this self-knowledge to your ambitions and career choices.
Personal Branding: you will participate in workshops to build your CV and e-portfolio to best highlight your experiences and skills for your future employers.
A unique exercise that is a major asset in your program!
For the account of prestigious TBS partner companies, students, coached by the professors, carry out a strategic diagnosis aiming to analyze its competitive position, then propose strategic and operational recommendations to meet its challenges.
Examples of partner companies
Aerospace Valley, AIRBUS, EY, Thalès.
Objective: Increase your brain agility to anticipate and solve complex business issues in your field of expertise.
Each student in this MSc program is required to write a dissertation which addresses a current issue in management from an academic or professional perspective in his field of expertise.
The student thus contributes to the study, analysis, formalization and abstraction of the identified problem.
In-company Work experience
InternshipStudents may carry out an internship in the company of their choice for a period of 3 to 6 months. This internship is not mandatory for the validation of the diploma but allows students to obtain 10 additional ECTS credits.
Sophie D’Armagnac, PhD
Associate professor of Human Resource Management
Department: Human Resources Management & Business Law
- Direct access to MSc:
- 4-year Bachelor Degree (240 ECTS) or equivalent
- PREPARATORY PROGRAM
Students with a for 3-year Bachelor Degree or equivalent (180 ECTS). TBS PREPARATORY PROGRAM builds up business and leadership skills in order to help international management students enroll successfully in the TBS Master of Science program of their choice.
- For programs taught in English: English mother tongue OR TOEFL IBT 80 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 800 / FCE / CAT 165
- For programs taught in French: French mother tongue OR B2 OR equivalent
MSC Deadline to apply:
- Visa required: June 30th
- No visa required: September 1st
This Master of Science prepares you for the following job categories:
- Business Developer Aerospace & Defense, Key Account Manager.
- Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Product Sales Manager, Commercial Service Manager, Executive Flight Sales Manager, Commercial Jet Broker.
- Supply chain Project Manager, Industrial Purchaser.
- Digital Media, Digital Transformation Officer.
- Business Consultant (junior, senior).
- Marketing Manager, Customer Experience and Marketing Manager.
- Retrofit Service Line Manager, Retrofit and Asset manager.
- Project Manager, Support to Project Manager, Upgrade Services Project Manager, Export Contract Manager.
- Financial Controller, Revenue management Analyst, Pricing Analyst.
Fees : starting from 16 500 €.
The cost of this training includes:
- All academic fees, including business visits.
- Access to our virtual campus and all online educational resources.
- Access to career starter services (CV workshop, business forum, etc.)
- Access to the network of 46,000 alumni.
- SCHOLARSHIP: TBS is entitled to receive higher education scholarship students: mobility grants, state scholarships, merit scholarships (Eiffel, Marie Curie), TBS Foundation scholarships. (contact the school)
- PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE: TBS welcomes students who wish to discuss their personal situation. TBS grants payment schedules from 1 to 4 instalments, or by monthly instalments during the course.
- STUDENT JOBS: our student associations offer paid assignments on behalf of companies or individuals throughout the year.