Economics & Finance Division
This department covers all the courses in economics, finance and law as management fundamentals.
These courses, mostly delivered in English, form the basis for the whole range of TBS’s programs, from the Bachelor’s to the MBA, to continuous professional development.
As an extension of the core courses, the Department of Economics and Finance offers specialised programs of a high academic and professional level to prepare students for jobs in finance (investment banking, asset management, mergers and acquisitions,capital investment, corporate finance, wealth management) but also for professional activities with a strong financial dimension which exist within many businesses.
As part of the Master in Management program, we offer specialised pathways:
- Corporate Finance and Wealth Management (double degree with CFPB) on the Toulouse campus,
- Banking and Financial Markets on the London campus,
- Financial Management on the Barcelona campus.
You can also join us for:
The Specialised Masters “Banking and Financial Engineering”, listed in the National Directory of Professional Certification (level 1), which has been training high-level experts in all areas of banking and finance for 20 years.
The MSc in “Banking and International Finance” covers all aspects of market finance and business finance by giving participants a global understanding of international finance.
The department brings together 17 permanent lecturers, PhD students, associate professors, and a large number of high-level professionals, from France or abroad, working within some of the biggest financial institutions. This team equips students with theoretical and professional mastery of the concepts and tools of modern finance needed to understand and adapt to a complex and changing economic and financial environment. To reinforce the teaching, the school has a trading floor equipped with Bloomberg, Datastream and Thomson Reuters Eikon.
Lecturers in the Department of Economics and Finance form part of the “Finance, Economics and Econometrics” research laboratory. The findings of their research are published in works of reference and in the best international academic journals such as the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics or Management Science.
The department also advises the JIM, TBS’s Finance Association, on the editing of its analytical notes for a dedicated investment fund. The department’s lecturers also follow a different team of students each year in the CFA Institute Research Challenge, a worldwide competition in which TBS is regularly classed among the best in France or indeed Europe.
Business Law Division
The Business Law Department offers courses within the various TBS programs on the campuses of Toulouse, Paris, Barcelona and Casablanca. This approach to legal matters is essential in a changing economic environment, where the company’s concerns are based on specific legal rules.
- Within the Grande Ecole and Bachelor programs, the Department offers a general training course designed to raise students’ awareness of different disciplines of business law (contract law, commercial law, economic law, labour law, etc.). Optional courses are also organised within specific M1 courses (“Ethics and Compliance” within the "Sustainable Development and CSR” course, for example).
- Within the Specialised Masters Programme® and the Executive MBA, courses are given in the form of themes based on current legal news.
- The Specialised Master®”Legal Management of Business” offers excellent training in Law and Management: dedicated to future corporate and business lawyers, the MS offers students courses led by professionals, based on case studies and team projects, to understand the practices of legal departments and business firms, often challenged by current developments related to globalization, digital transformation, the increased importance of Compliance,etc.
The Business Law Department has four resident professors and lawyers specialized in business law. They collaborate with IRDEIC and IEJUC of the University of Toulouse 1 Capitole as part of their research activities.