What is a MSc International Strategic Business?
The goal of this program is to train students in the fundamentals of international business as well as prepare them to be international business leaders. The ISB program includes theoretical and practical knowledge of international business and culture as well as three, one-week long international business trips to Barcelona, Brussels and London; and three interactive workshops in Paris. The MSc is organized along four international axes: Corporate Strategy, Finance, Marketing and Management. Throughout the program, students will work in cross-cultural teams learning how these four dimensions are interconnected so they become well equipped to make strategic business decisions.
Students are pushed to think critically and analyze all aspects of business and the international stage in decision making and developing a corporate strategy. Local customs and geopolitics must be considered before manoeuvring a company towards a new market. Students will learn how to identify, compile, analyze, absorb and synthesize available information from a wide range of sometimes complex sources. They will then be expected to draw correct, reasoned conclusions from pertinent data and recognize and evaluate global trends.
Duration: 15 months
- Immersed in European affairs, and more specifically the French Culture : guided tours of European Institutions, conferences, company visits, meetings with lobbying associations...
- Given access to the daily realities of French companies through our partner-ship of industry experts.
- Versed in interpersonal skills and intercultural communication, students will be taught the hard and soft skills of communicating successfully across different cultures. They will learn how to manage an international team.
- Provided with a holistic approach to good business decision making strategies. Students will learn to analyze the geopolitical situation of various countries in order to take into account these factors when making business development decisions.
- WS1 – Team Development - Paris (October & February)
Team, professional and personal development are essential soft skills to being a successful executive. During this workshop, students will learn: crisis management, stress management, emotional intelligence, decision making, self-confidence, assertiveness and leadership.
- WS2 – Financial Tools, Products & Markets - London (November & June)
Students are invited to TBS London to complete a group assignment relating to international financial management. This workshop also includes company visits and a series of seminars intended to assist students with the problematic they are expected to solve.
- WS3 – Creativity Fabrication - Paris (December & July)
The TBS motto is ‘Think and Create.’ During this workshop, students will be challenged to do just that. They must think about a product that responds to a specific need, design the product and then create it using a 3D printer
- WS4 – European Culture & Economy - Brussels (March)
Students are invited to Brussels to learn more about the European Union and its markets. They will learn about the issues surrounding the single market such as non-tariff trade barriers and the recognition and harmonization of skilled European Labor.
- WS5 – Multicultural &Diversity Management - Barcelona( April)
Students are invited to TBS Barcelona to complete a group assignment relating to multicultural business . Students will learn how companies in Spain have catered to its three main cultural influences: Spanish, Basque and Catalan.
- WS6 – Final Capstone Preparation Seminar – Paris (May & September)
The final project for the students is to create an International Business Plan using the reserach methodology CANVAS. This workshop provides students with the necessary information to begin thinking about their capstone project. Students will have 12 hours with a tutor and access to online resources.
Case Studies & Capstone Project
Other student services include:
- Career Starter Center - The career center is based in Toulouse and assists students in their search for an internship as well as internship agreements.
- Library Resources – TBS Paris is partnering with Pantheon-Assas University to provide better resources to students. TBS has a highly developed system of e-reading and online subscriptions to magazines and newspapers worldwide.
- Program Review Sessions – At TBS the students are at the heart of the school. Review sessions are embedded into the program to insure that student expectations are continuously being met.
Student support services
International Student Services
TBS's International Student Services team offers practical support and assistance to all international students from the moment of their prospection until the end of their studies at TBS, and beyond, including accommodation, banking, visa issues, health and more.
More information ›
A services dedicated to ensuring students' optimal employability, Career Starter offers guidance towards professional aspirations and aims to support our students in the development of their academic projects and of their chosen professional path, along with the support of TBS's business partners.
More information ›
Admissions & fees
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Educational background in business or prior work experience
- Language requirements:
- English mother tongue, or Bachelor degree taught in English
- TOEFL IBT 90 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 800 / FCE
4-step application process:
- Complete online application (Please select: Session TBS Masters of Science (MSc) - English Track)
- Submit supporting documents
- Take virtual interview
- Wait for admission results
- Application fee: 100€
- Tuition fees*: 16,500€
* Cost includes: tuition fees, access to the e-learning platform, travel and accommodation for the 6 weeks of workshops in Paris, London and Barcelona, and cultural activities organized by the program