Toulouse Business School has signed its convention renewal with the main actors of the spatial sector: Airbus, le CNES, Thalès Alenia Space and the higher education institution UT1 Capitole, in the name of the SIRIUS Chair. The signature took place on June 27th, during the Toulouse Space Show event.
Founded in 2013, the SIRIUS Chair is the first international chair dedicated to research into Law and Business Management for Activities in the Space sector.
The Chair has become a strong research pool. Due to its high performance and success, both the Sirius Chair and its partners were very keen to renew their partnership for five more years. The objectives for this period are the following:
- Reinforcing its international visibility
- Enriching its network of expertise
- Building a world-wide training and education offer
- Developing its dissemination policies
Key numbers of the SIRIUS Chair:
- 22 researchers (permanent, affiliates and visiting)
- Involvement of approximately 100 students
- Creation in 2017 of the first world-wide electronic database gathering all national regulation applied to the space sector. This database has become, in just a few months, an international reference for the spatial sector.
- More than 50 international scientific projects; including communications, articles, policy papers, etc.
- 15 scientific events organized with national and international renowned institutions, in France and world-wide.